Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Precious In His Sight

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord. I wait for God my Savior. My God will hear me."  Micah 7:7

Micah was a prophet of Israel living in a time of despair for the Jewish Nation, and Micah himself was a little depressed. He was following God with all of his heart, but he didn't see a lot of people around him doing the same. He saw misery all around him. "What misery is mine!" he says. "The godly have been swept from the land."  It was so bad he warned the people about even trusting friends or family members.

Perhaps you can relate. Perhaps you have a desire to seek God and live in His ways, but you feel alone in that journey. Perhaps you have no one to cheer you on. Perhaps you try but never feel you're getting anywhere, so after awhile you give up and just go with the flow of the current around you. You try to be like the other girls. Maybe you succeed, or maybe you don't, but either way you're left with a feeling of emptiness. You know there has to be more to life, but you can't seem to find it.

I was inspired to create this blogsite where you can find the encouragement you need to pursue Jesus. You know about Him. You try to follow Him. You have a desire to seek after Him and the things He has for you. But you feel alone in that. You feel defeated. You feel clueless about how to really know Him. You doubt your importance to Him. You doubt His love for you. You doubt your value in His eyes.

I titled this blogsite "Precious In His Sight" because that's the primary message I want to share with you. You are precious to Him! You are loved. You are valued by God just for who you are. And that is the Jesus He wants you to seek. Not a God who demands things of you. Not a God who abandons you. Not a God who forgets about you, but a God who is always near. A God who comes to the rescue! We sometimes forget about God, but He never forgets about us.

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD.  I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me."

This was Micah's mindset. He was waiting for God with hope. He was trusting that God would hear him and rescue him. The first step in seeking God is believing He is there. For whatever you're going through. For whatever you're waiting on. For whatever you are feeling discouraged by or depressed about. Seek Him for the answer. Seek Him for guidance. Seek Him for whatever you need. Expect Him to lead you, provide for you, protect you, help you...In other words, expect Him to show up! Live in the reality of His constant presence and love.

"This I declare of the LORD: "He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him." (Psalm 91:2 NLT)




No comments:

Post a Comment